Although the jacket was never intended to be an aviator’s jacket (like the B-6) it proved to be an excellent flight jacket by choice and many fighter pilots traded their A-2s with ground crews for the new lightweight D-1.
The jacket provided enough freedom of movement to be worn in those narrow cockpits and the zippered pockets and the warm turn up collar that can be securely fastened provided a good amount of comfort.
All important details:
- Shearling jacket with seal lacquer finish
- WWII style Talon zipper
- ¼ inch fleece depth merino shearling
- Leather taped seams
- Two zippered front pockets
- Accurate and precise workmanship
- Entirely handcrafted according to 1930s specs